i, like the moon


i
like the moon
have passed through many seasons.

some of them were so dark
that all of the stars seemed to wonder if i'd
ever come back.
but i did.

i came back as a sliver
and then a piece
and suddenly there was so much of me that the rest of the sky seemed dim compared to the light that was reflecting on my skin.

i
like the moon
have passed through many seasons.

and though i am whole now,
i know that one day i shall be only a sliver again.

that's how it goes, darling.

wax
and wane.
wax
and wane.

but the Light stays the same.

x

just a little moon beam here, reflecting the Light of a Perfect God. unworthily, mind you. but steadily, by the grace of the Father.

photocreds to my sis and kansas

missed u.


Comments

  1. These are the most gorgeous photos I have seen in I don't even know how long, and your words never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. forever crying because of love for you. x

      Delete
  2. OH. MY. GOODNESS. Every time you blog I think "this is my favorite thing anyone has ever written," but this time it honestly seriously is. Wow. This applies so much to my life.

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are gorgeous!!!! <3 <3 They are so golden and so beautiful.
    Your blog is always so inspiring—keep it up, love.
    xx

    Sophy

    ReplyDelete
  4. "but the Light stays the same."
    How do you write such powerful words!? I'm shook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely!

    https://tizziestidbits.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is literally the most perfect thing I have ever read in my twenty years on planet earth

    THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @screaming

      thank u u precious cinnamon roll

      Delete

Post a Comment

be kind.

xx

Popular Posts